- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- White Horse Distillers
- Stated Age
- 16 years old
- 43.0 % Vol.
- 1000 ml
- 1816/ISLA painted in gold on glass
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 26 Aug 2009 6:11 pm
11 × in wishlist
66 × member ratings
172 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Lagavulin 16-year-old
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.89 points
- Agree fully with WhiskyFan2112. We split this bottle and it has absolutely blown my mind. Heavy heavy rancio sherry notes, in the most beautiful way. After a couple months open in the bottle, the most delicate aromas of flower pedals emerged. My favourite part. Sad to see this bottle come to an end... Only topped, for me, by the old Lag 12 white bottle cream label.
- Just a beautiful dram with so many wonderful characteristics. Only topped recently by the Lagavulin 12 White Horse Carpano-Torino bottling sampled at Whiskybase Gathering
Smoke, leather, earth, orange zest, tropical fruits, iodine, brine
Orange zest, tea, lemon drops, smoked meat
Smoke, orange zest, light pepper, lemon drops, tea, iodine
- Hands down, this is my favorite single malt of all time.
- The legend of the White Horsedes traditional Lagavulin Blends can be found here http://www.weinkenner.de/2013/die-legende-des-white-horse-blends-vintage-1957-und-americas-cup-1987-27997/
- This whisky holds a lot of memories for me because when my dog died i took his ashes up to the lake district and threw them of the ledge of our favourite spot and proceeded to get drunk on this wonderfull malt. God Bless x
That strong smell of smoke and peat is just heavenly
The taste is out of this world. The smoked kippers compliment the liquorice.
The finish goes on long into the wee small hours and has that strong orange peel presance.