Whiskybase uses tracking cookies in order to improve the website. Do you allow Whiskybase to place these cookies?

You can always change your decision under the privacy settings of your account.

Regardless of your choice Whiskybase places functional cookies to store settings and account information.

Glen Keith NAS

77.88/100
Distillery Edition
2017
American Oak Casks
Strength
19 Oct 2017 2:05 pm by holborndrinker

Whisky Reviews for Glen Keith NAS

3 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 77.88 points

1. peatbogger scored this whisky 77 points Specialist

Thanks to karloff for the sample.
    It's a 40% NAS, but at least it's uncoloured and unfiltered.
    I usually don't concider to buy bottles I rate below 80, but if I find this at £25 I would happily make an exception.
      Light, fresh and fruity.
      Sweet citrus, pear, iced tea.
      Cereal base.
      Quite vegetal/green.
      Noticable burst of spice, but it doesn't overpower anything else.
      Right after swallowing I get a hint of some scented detergent or air freshener that I can't name.
      That iced tea note returns.
      Very short, but refreshing.

2. karloff scored this whisky 78 points Specialist

I have to agree with tomjcollins85. For the price and as far as Nas go this isn't bad at all. I've had a lot worse that cost a lot more.
      Orange peel, honey nut cornflakes, lemon grass, green grapes, wet pile of logs, stewed vegetables and apple pie crust sprinkled with sugar.
    • Taste
      Nothing special about this but nothing wrong with it either. A no brainer shall we say. Something to sip and not think about too much. It hits a note and stays there. Fruit, honey and grassy flavours.
      The finish is short but not bad. Sugar and spice on the death.

3. tomjcollins85 scored this whisky 81 points Expert Senior

Absolutely nothing wrong with this for the price (I paid £20).

Nose is has a lot of vanilla, cream and green fruit.
    After a while in the glass, there's more fruit and what I can only describe as my Grandad's old working shead, when I was younger (wood shavings, old paint).

Mouth continues with the fruit and vanilla. Relatively sweet on first taste. I could not pick out much more, but there were some woody flavours also.

Finish was short, quite dry.

When you think of the price and compare this to a modern £1500 Macallan, you're left scratching your head as to modern day prices. A great bargain-basement drink!