Knockando 2007 MoS

50 ml 700 ml
17 oct 2017 2:31 pm by Jour.Ray

one in wishlist

Whisky reviews for Knockando 2007 MoS

8 users have left 8 reviews for this whisky. Average rating is 82.47 points.

1. Cubey666 scored this whisky 80 points Connoisseur

Well, this is a bit of a strange one, however I must admit i am not that familiar with Marsala finished whisky. The nose was initially much to my liking, but it became too much and av bit strange quite fast.
      Cherry compote, nougat, rasberries, also these White/Pink Liga children biscuits.
    • Taste
      More spicy, some oriental spices with red fruitness.
      quite strange and quirky... but not in a way that i like it. hard to describe.

2. Create a free Whiskybase account to read all 8 reviews for this whisky
    Create free account
  3. aboutWhisky scored this whisky 84 points Expert Junior

After the first smell, I would have guessed a red wine barrel. Then I had to realize that it is a bit different than the red wine bottlings that I have tried so far. In the end, I would best describe the influence of the Marsala as a mix of fruity red wine and dry-nutty Oloroso sherry. There is hardly any trace of the previous cask and the distillery character. The bitterness in the finish is almost a little too intense for my taste.

Heavy wine aromas immediately pour out of the glass. First I have a slight sweetness in the nose, then I also find clearly sour aromas. I would generally describe the character as fruity-nutty. The sour aromas remind me of kumquats and currants. I also have dried fruits like raisins and apricots. When it comes to the slightly nutty aromas, walnuts come to mind first. I can also feel the alcohol in my nose, but it is not disturbing.
    • Taste
      In the mouth it surprises me a bit. The mouthfeel is much sweeter than the nose would suggest. The fruits now appear fresh and ripe rather than dried. I think of sweet berries, red apples and quinces. Later, nuts and slightly spicy impressions of the oak are added. Towards the end, an intense taste of almonds and marzipan builds up in the mouth.
      The taste is slightly bitter, so I have to think of marzipan pralines with dark chocolate. The finish is medium long and warming. The slight bitterness then becomes even more intense and remains the last thing.

With water:
      On the nose it seems a bit more boring to me. The mouthfeel becomes a bit softer and more rounded. The sweetness lasts a little longer with a little water towards the finish.

4. Simon Stood scored this whisky 84 points Expert Senior

Balance 21
    Not my style, badly balanced
    The influence of the wine barrel is weak
      N: soaked sweet fruits, sweet berries, raspberries, wood varnish, quite aggressive 21.5
      T: alcoholic, dry dried apricots, white pepper, acetone notes 21

Exciting and unusual experience

7. rpvdwel scored this whisky 83 points Connoisseur

8. ADram4Ben scored this whisky 70 points Expert Senior

Honestly, too bad!
    I would have expected much more sweetness from a Marsala cask. From about 10 years honestly also more mature ...
    There I had significantly younger whiskys (including with country of origin other than Scotland) in the glass, which could impress much more.
    I am quite disappointed in the stuff and can not understand the whole over 80 reviews .... But tastes are luckily different.
    Cheers
      Slight wine notes, a little bit sourish, young (unfortunately this is already in the nose ...)
      Actually, not that you have to have really bad expectations, because something can be put into perspective ...
    • Taste
      ... but it does not relativize. Sweet, some wine, a few fresh grapes, but then quickly superimposed by metallic youth.
      Sorry, but mature, balanced or well-integrated alcohol ... Nonsmoking.
      Finish on the palate, in the throat ... no idea, I'm still looking for ... On the tongue, the whole thing quickly becomes creepy with strange bitter substances (maybe also from the citrus fruit area ...) But otherwise...
      No, do not come much.