- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Quest Collection
- 1st Fill European & American Sherry Oak Casks
- 43.8 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- Global Travel Retail Exclusive
- Added on
- 14 Oct 2017 12:12 pm by whisk-O-thek
21 × in wishlist
73 × member ratings
333 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Macallan Terra
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.10 points
Dry fruit, raisin
Touch of Christmas cake, not so impressive, it could be better with higher ABV
Short to medium
At the first smell of oak, dry fruits, dustiness then juicy fruits, cinamon, toffee. At the finish sweet plum
Sugared fruits, toffee, sugar molasses
Sweet, long-lasting, toffee
- Distinct cane sugar sweetness. Understated maltiness with a minimal sultana twist. Not much body to it, just the bland sweetness. Does not work for me.
- Of all the new NAS Macs, it's the one with the least amount of soap and other junk, pretty dark and crisp, yummy.
Chestnut, brown sugar, maple syrup, burnt butter, raisins, dresser, leather, chocolate with orange pieces
Brown sugar, dark malt, flamed orange, chestnut, walnut, leather, chest of drawers, chestnut, maple syrup, licorice, furniture polish, nut chocolate
Nuts, dark malt, leather, some orange zest, medium-long
- Not a sherry bomb like Ruby, massively oaky too.
Sherry, maple syrup, raisin, gerbeaud, orange peel and milk coffee.
Sherry, tannic oak, strawberry white chocolate and cocoa.
Medium length, spicy, oaky.
- Much better then the Quest and the Lumina, lovely sheried layers compared to the Ruby this one has less big sherry flavors you would expect from European oak.
- The Macallan Terra is a classic filling of firstfill sherry casks and comes with hints of toffee, dried fruit and spicy notes of wood. The barrels come from Tevasa and Vasyma from Jerez de la Frontera in Spain. Bottled in a 70 cl bottle with 43.8% volume