- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Warehousemen's Selection
- Stated Age
- 17 years old
- Bourbon, Sherry and Wine Casks
- Number of bottles
- 51.3 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 08 Oct 2017 9:04 pm by Candide
31 × in wishlist
117 × member ratings
345 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Bowmore 1999 Craftsmen's Collection
16 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.97 points
- A mix between smokey and fruity! Great dram!
- What a board. He has everything I imagine of a good Islay malt ... smoke, sherry ... yum
- Excellent sweet and sourish Bowmore. 91 points
That's Bowmore! Nice light smoke. Lots of fruit (raspberry and orange) and a light tartaric acid. Complex in the nose: There are on the one hand Mediterranean herb notes, on the other hand also many baking aromas (marble cake!). In the glass, a slightly reddish glow probably testifies to the maturation of the wine barrel. Very nice nose
The nose, however, is slightly bettered by the taste. A sweet-fruity-slightly smoky flavor explosion. In the beginning honey, vanilla, chocolate and baking aromas dominate. Later it gets fruity with cherries and tangerines. Very much malt wort. Cinnamon and nutmeg. The tongue tip believes to feel light salt.
Long, crispy rye bread, lots of malt, lots of sweetness and light fruit. The mouth becomes more and more dry. Vanilla sugar open end which turns into a delicate bitterness. Wonderful.
- Class Bowi, you definitely recognize the basic aromas, you would ask me blind, I would have typed on Bowmore, but he has great additions, so it must be.
Fresh bread directly in the bakery behind the counter, oregano, thyme, heather, grapefruit peel, orange peel, dark malt, rosemary, the cold ash of Islay is very well hidden by the wine or modified into toasted and tea-like, but also the ashes are teased out with will, marzipan, walnut, a few berries from the shrub
Very reserved in the smoke and start for a Bowi, you can tell right away that there was a special finish, you had overripe cherries, plums, some apricot, rosemary, thyme, lavender, carnation, a lot of nutmeg, rarely so much of it had at one Malt, marzipan, wild garlic, cardamom, herbal honey, light malt, the bread comes out the back
The whole bread crust again, dry malt, all the kitchen herbs again, nutmeg, clove, flour, dry leather and some tobacco, medium to long
- 22.5 - 22.5 - 23 - 23, well balanced, delicious and without "sweet"))
- 23 + 23 + 23 + 23 = 92 ~ absolutely fabulous Bomo as for the current bottling
- great version. complex, balanced and tasty.