- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Elixir Distillers (ElD)
- Bottling serie
- Art of Whisky
- Stated Age
- 24 years old
- Oak Wood
- Number of bottles
- 51.7 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Bottled for
- The Whisky Exchange - Whisky Show London 2017
- Added on
- 07 Oct 2017 7:22 pm by Vassago Clynelish
23 × in wishlist
55 × member ratings
35 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Springbank 24-year-old ElD
5 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.25 points
- On the nose there's wax jacket, lemon and orange marmalade, herbs and soft oily smoke. A little bit of ginger, honey roasted almonds, chalk and wet soil. On the palate it's soft and mouth coating with peat and more ginger, along with tropical fruits, wet clay and ash covered lemons. On the finish some extra pepper and chalk, as well as soft blackcurrant and wet earth. Very elegant and composed, delivering many complex layers without force.
- An austere and dirty Springbank.
A real personality.
Ah there is a Springbank that it is dirty.
Oily peat, dust, spices.
Pepper, ginger, turmeric, cold ash, smoke.
Chalk, pebble, mineral, honey, lemon, citrus.
Sunflower oil, engine oil. Light warehouse.
In the mouth it is rounder and a bit less austere.
First of all, minerality. Distilled water, chalk, rain, rock.
Light citrus. Lemon, tangerine zest. Light dried and candied flower.
Peat is more medicinal, on camphor.
Smoke, wax and leather close the way.
Final on oily peat, cut grass, chalk. Black pepper, wood spices. It is slightly astringent.
- Beautiful oldschooliger Springer, like the mouth is not as scary as the nose and yet very rough, but just elegant.
Very oldschool and dirty, full malt with beautiful spice, hint of peat too, but only subtle, mineral, grasses, candle wax, strong, diesel, branches and earthy, chalk, with water a little citrus and more in the coastal direction
But a good corner more approachable than the nose suggests, beautiful maritime notes with salt, lemon peel, spray, tobacco, mineral like pebbles and glue, the malt and grasses, some smoked fish
More spicy again, coffee beans, herbal honey, candle wax, mineral
- Enthusiasm Nose 3/5 Mouth 4/5 Final 4/5 (3/5 with water) Whisky n ° 1647
Spicy malt. Peat very discreet initially which is gaining magnitude. Pear? Austere, mineral profile. Almost weak at times. With a little water, fruit syrup emerges.
Fine and mellow. Evanescent, light and elegant. Sweetness honeyed. More juicy with water.
Intense spices, honey and coffee! And very long. Much less accurate with water.