- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Stated Age
- 18 years old
- Oloroso Sherry Casks
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- Added on
- 03 Oct 2017 5:44 pm by Vince'
10 × in wishlist
77 × member ratings
381 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Glendronach 18-year-old Allardice
12 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.28 points
- Sherry, full of fruit nice aftertaste
- An intense, dark and extremely tasty sherry monster.
Deep, dark, sweet sherry notes, dried berries, maybe plums. Plus plenty of spicy aromas, Christmas spices. Alcohol well integrated.
Sweet, intensely spicy notes, sherry, voluminous, dark chocolate with sour cherry, oak wood, then becoming somewhat bitter - espresso.
Long, spicy, slightly woody, but also quite fresh, the mouth is a bit full. Makes you want the next sip.
- Great intense sherry malt. Extreme sherry fruit, very charged, you have to like;)
Great whisky with good PLV, I personally like Sherry Intensive
deep dark fruits, like cherries, ripe plums, dark berries, a hint of spicy oak, has something Christmas like gingerbread, light cinnamon, a few cloves come through
strong full aroma, occupies the entire mouth and ensures salivation, a lot of dark fruit, apple compote,
You can feel the oak with light vanilla up to the creamy sherry influence, very pleasant and tasty
medium to long finish, slightly honey or syrupy,
slight hints of hops before oak again comes to the fore
- Glendronach 18 Allardice bottled 13.06.2017 WID: 101663
46% Oloroso Sherry Casks
Nose: a light herbal quark note in combination with honey, a very domniante but balanced sherry nose, plum cake with bouquets
Taste: distinct sweetness, fruit compote, redcurrant juice, grape must, sticky caramel bonbons
Finish: sticky sweet finish that lines the mouth, you have to swallow several times
Conclusion: Since you have nothing more to say, only hoard.
- N: huge sweetness, dates, figs, sticky toffee pudding, vanilla. Syrupy on the nose
P: and yes, the nose was correct. Intense sweetness. Dates, raisen, sherry, sticky sweetness
F: corn syrup, walnuts, sticky toffee pudding, the sweetness hangs around for too long and becomes cloying.
Wow, that is a dessert dram for sure. Bring your sweet tooth to this one.
- dry; only dark, dried fruits; perfectly reflects an Oloroso sherry; almost no alcoholic stinging; Great
- It's simply a top dram. Nice in balance. Super nose and tast.