- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Single Cask
- 1st Fill Spanish Oak Butt Finish
- Number of bottles
- 54.4 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- La Maison du Whisky
- Added on
- 03 Oct 2017 2:28 pm by lrb85
14 × in wishlist
28 × member ratings
53 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Balblair 1996
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 89.46 points
- Starting with a heavy oak influence it reveals a lot of fruits and a long lasting finish. On the palate it presents a lot of spices and sweet fruits, vanilla and raisins.
- A great scent that rises in the nose! Toffee, milk chocolate, light spicy notes, some eucalyptus and liquorice root. In the mouth it offers a just as good spectacle, as it joins a bit bitter orange marmalade. Very long and pleasant finish, the Spanish oak packs vigorously again! Need the water, I do not think so.
- The first attempt without water: Complex, slightly closed malt with Christmas flavors. Nose, taste and finish are very pleasing and delicate, makes you want more. I have to do it again.
- The oak barrel is the dominant part from the beginning. It brings a nice spicy note of menthol with lots of liquorice and licorice flavors. The soft, fruity taste and its long finish are for me the pluses of this malts. I miss something the complexity and complexity. Who does not like licorice - finger away!
Very spicy, a lot of strong oak, liquorice, licorice, old leather, menthol, which strongly reminds of Cassis Pulmoll. With time in the glass, it becomes a little more fruity and sweeter, with some vanilla added. Menthol and oak notes continue to dominate.
Fruity oranges to vanilla, more gentle than the spicy nose promises. The oak is in the taste, surprisingly much more restrained. Only at the very end does she come back again
With lots of licorice and oak, very long finish. The spicy oak remains in the mouth for a long time without the typical bitterness.