- Whiskybase ID
- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Double Malt - Double Cask
- Stated Age
- 08 years old
- 1x Edradour Sherry & 3x Ballechin Bourbon
- 124 + 273, 274, 275
- 46.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L17/345 31/5/2017
- Added on
- 02 Oct 2017 5:15 pm by alex..w..fan
2 × in wishlist
31 × member ratings
47 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Ballechin 2008
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.86 points
- I'm surprised - the lonely Edradour barrel can hold its own here against the smoky Ballechin barrels. The smoke is very light on the nose and only appears more in the taste and finish, but tends to remain only slightly smoky. Maybe a little smokier than a Highland Park. The sherry barrel influence can also be felt. All in all, a very pleasant to drink whisky that is multi-layered, but does not overwhelm anyone. I think it's a very successful experiment!
- Fun stuff. Although it is a relatively young whisky, it wants quite a lot of time in the glass to fully show it. Water softens it and promotes fruitiness. (Evaluated based on sample.)
Acidity, malt vinegar, caramel, (with water) vanilla, strawberries, parsley.
Red fruit, soy sauce, candy, (with water) toffee, dates, raisins, panna cotta, chocolate.
Medium-length, cider, dark chocolate.
- Creosote, iodine, sweet fruits, allspices, vanilla, leather, cake, sea salt, dried fruits on notes. It starts from peat smoke aromas and goes to sweet fruits.
Creosote, spices, vanilla, dried fruits, oak cask notes on palate.
Long finish with vanilla, creosote, pepper, oak cask, iodine and sea salt notes.
- No high-flyer, but for 8 years maturing a thoroughly successful whisky.
Smoke, very sweet, lots of honey, some herbs
The smoke and the sweetness dominate here as well
- Following the success of the special bottling for the 60th anniversary of La Maison du Whisky, the Edradour distillery returns with a blend of their peated and non-peated whisky. The nose and the mouth are always dominated by this imposing peat then wrapped in a very beautiful sherry dress.
Profile: Powerful, smoky, chocolate, heady flowers.