17 × in wishlist
40 × member ratings
54 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Kilkerran 2004 CA
7 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 88.49 points
- Anyone know what this bottle cost in 2017, surely it was not as cheap as £17, which is the average price on here?
- This has a really nice succulent dark berry note on the nose.
The palate is not as good as the nose and even with water it lack balance and is a little hot with it.
Masses of spice and the actual sherry note is also nice, it is just lacking that little bit extra to elevate it.
Actually it does improve with air and gets sweeter so you need to give this time in the glass to get the best out of it.
- @ Bakerman: not sure it is from first days of distillery activity. There are several bottling dated 03.2004 while this is 05.2004.
Anyway, it is a nice dram!
- This should be whisky from first day of production at the new Glengyle distillery.
- I think the MALT review wrote some words about that bottle: https://malt-review.com/2017/11/06/kilkerran-13-year-old-port-bourbon-cask/
- Successful filling with a few "blemishes".
Nice soft nose, it starts with a whole sweep of fruity aromas. Red berries, hibiscus, licorice ... the port keg not only shows its color, but gives it a sweet, vinous touch. The alcohol is holding back. In the background, a very slight dishwashing grade, which, however, holds back so that it does not negatively impact.
Wow! Clear Springbank / Glengyle character. Wonderful spiciness, maltiness, light bitterness on the barrel and above all the sweet wine note. The start is very strong but in spite of everything harmonious and balanced. The nose is clearly multi-faceted, in the mouth dminieren rather more powerful tastes, such as vanilla and caramel from the wood, the fruit notes are only there at the beginning.
There are a few points deduction. A distinct bitterness remains with this medium-length finish. The sweetness and fruitiness has disappeared.