- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Limited Edition
- Stated Age
- 10 years old
- Refill Hogsheads
- Number of bottles
- 50.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- L10 08 17 5 1310 BB
- Added on
- 21 Sep 2017 9:16 am by DramTimeNL
5 × in wishlist
46 × member ratings
166 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Tomatin 2006 Cù Bòcan
6 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 82.73 points
- Smells at first of the coconut bar bounty, then mandarin and lime, surprisingly little smoke and very fresh notes. Very round, slightly spicy on the tongue. In addition, pleasant sweetness. Rauch is very discreet, but also integrates well.
Tones of chocolate, toffee and citrus. Very pleasant
Sweet, orange peel, citrus fruit, roasted sugar, phenols, spicy, nuts Delicious whisky
Fairly long, oak, citrus medium length, oak, lemon, dried fruit, sweet. A nice aftertaste
- Lightly peated whisky, easy drinking some nice notes
Nose: green olives in brine, unripe citrus, bitter leaves. A little Granny Smith apple juice and some weak honey. With water: more expressive maybe some sour peat. A little smoked bacon.
Palate: smoke honey, an oyster? Some brine and umami. With water: gets a smidgeon of white sugar on lemons
Finish - peppery and honey on limes. With water: a bit more peat lasting
- Aroma: restrained, lemon zest, lemon juice, citrus marmalade, caramel, malt sweetness, tree notes, paraffin, metal chips, used engine oil, plastic. The feeling of 50% is completely absent, everything is very restrained and delicate.
Taste: bittersweet, citrus peel, malt sweetness, lemon pie, marmalade, wax, some binder, not ripe apricot, burnt sugar, phenolicity manifested in the form of chemical notes, plastic.
Finish: medium length, oak, lemon, decaying sweetness, burnt match, very delicate.
Bottom line: I'm a little discouraged! The expectations were that there would be something similar to Balantruan from Tomintul, with an abundance of Zhzhennye boards, burnt caramel, etc ..., and here there are very light phenols leaving into synthetic motifs ... Quite a pleasant citrus molt, very light in all manifestations, but probably not the profile that I love
- This whisky takes some time to be opened.
Flavor is sherry, with notes of fruits, berries, flowers and gum-tree freshness (in some time notes of baking products and sweetness appear). Taste is light smoky, sweet with elements of dried fruits, nuts and apricot. Finish is rich and slightly tart with notes of dried fruits and nuts.
- Excerpt of the website Whic.de:
Aroma: scented orange peel, oatmeal cookies and chocolate pudding. Taste: Ham glazed with honey served on a smoldering grill with BBQ sauce and versatile Oloroso sherry notes that bring both spiciness and fruity-nutty sweetness. Cinnamon and allspice are particularly noticeable. Resonance: Long lasting and rich in dark smoke.