- Single Malt
- Distillery Bottling
- Bottling serie
- Wood Finish Series
- Château Cissac Wine Casks Finish
- Number of bottles
- 45.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Added on
- 19 Sep 2017 8:25 am by holborndrinker
6 × in wishlist
85 × member ratings
129 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Benromach 2009 - Château Cissac
14 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 84.48 points
- Nice rounded Benromach with intense sweet vanilla notes. Other than that not too different from the normal 10yo.
- I still think this is an exciting whisky for a good price. There's a lot happening in this dram. I enjoy drinking it and every time it will entertain you.
Starts with damp grain and old ripe apples. Some sweet woodsmoke that gets bigger. Cinnamon. Give it some time and it will become better with even a bit of melon.
Less grainy and more fruit on the palate. With the lemons it starts boring, but thanks to the dark grapes, pear, herbs like ginger and a nice strawberry we've got a winner! Also some smoke again.
Nice dynamic whisky with a medium finish.
- Not the wine finish is the strength, but it's a pleasant balance despite the young age.
Floral. Orange peel, melon, cocoa, pepper, oak and smoke.
Vanilla, milk caramel, bitter oak, cocoa, peat and vividly acidic wines.
Medium length, spicy.
- Allegedly, 90 days should be enough to infuse distinctive flavors into the liquid during subsequent ripening.
In this case, either the quality of the starting liquid was not good enough or the barrels or both.
Category "is still better than Aldi bottom drawer".
Slight smoke note, with not much behind it You can now start to imagine a lot, the "manufacturer's description" up and down, but without "prior knowledge" and tasted blind ... uhhh ... some sugar, totally tasteless apple juice maybe, try it. According to said taste, the nose still doesn't want to sniff anything else.
"Slightly peppery and sweet" is pretty accurate, but indefinable, what a sweetness. Is also primarily spicy. Somewhat "bubbly".
Lively and spicy.
- - a nice smooth malt
- tasty and easy to drink
very pleasant, fruity, soft, apricot, grape, very aromatic, makes you want more
strong aromatic start, not overloaded but everything is present, oak, light fruit notes, spice (develops more strongly in the back of the palate)
soft medium-long finish; long dry spicy aftertaste
- I would have liked a more intense note in smell and taste from the last storage. At the point he disappointed me. Overall, solid wisky but not as special as hoped. can be bought, but for me not worth € 50. 35-40 € are tastefully appropriate. No mandatory purchase. Maybe an 8 + 4 storage would have done him better to better shape the finish. Or choose another grape. But overall, Benronach is always worth a sip. I also buy the next experiment. Limited bottlings simply irritate me.
- --- Blind cost ---
Light, mineral smoke, beautifully spicy, superficial sherry fruit, a hint of sulfur, behind it yellow, sweet fruits, with time the smoke is more and more in the background, the mineral spice remains, vanillin is added. I like it pretty much.
Sweet, oily, light tingling, some fruit, spicy, no oak recognizable.
Medium long, somewhat flat, watery sweetness, indefinite fruit. At the back I taste the spicy smoke again.