85.33/100
Strength
16 Sep 2017 9:57 am by holborndrinker
UncoloredNon-chillfilteredSingle Cask Whisky

Whisky Reviews for Talisker 2010 DL

1 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 85.33 points

1. Johannes de Silentio scored this whisky 84 points Member Senior

Color: New Make Spirit (pretty close to it, just a hint more color)

Nose: New Make Spirit here, too, honestly. It's not the worst thing, at all, but you really are getting a lot of malt, yeast, and sharp citrus. It's Talisker, so I believe I'm legally obliged to mention salinity or some sort of "Coastal" character. There is a bit of that, too, flippancy aside.

Taste: In some ways, this reminds me of craft vodka. There's a well-made, relatively mellow spirit with a bit of character, but not a ton. I don't hate this at all, but it's hardly anything to write home about from a malt whisky perspective. Much the same as the nose, really: malt, yeast, citrus, and a bit of salt. It's good malt, though. It strikes me as what a very lightly peated Octomore or something of that ilk would taste like.

Finish: Quick and clean.

Comments: This is about what you would expect: good, but on the whole immature and a little simple. I'm perfectly glad that Douglas Laing decided to bottle and sell this particular whisky under this particular label, because I knew what I was getting and paid appropriately for it. So, yes, it's not a huge-scoring malt, but it has a definite place in my and, I suspect, many other collections that seek to be well-rounded. Good, simple stuff.