- Single Malt
- Scotch Malt Whisky Society (SMWS)
- Bottling serie
- Speakeasy sneaky peeky
- Stated Age
- 05 years old
- Virgin Char Heavy Toasted Heads Oak Barrel
- Number of bottles
- 57.0 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottle code
- 02719 CBSC4 09.06.17 11:45
- Added on
- 15 Sep 2017 10:41 am by mandragoru
3 × in wishlist
5 × member ratings
16 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Westland 2011 SMWS 133.1
2 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 86.00 points
- A very herbaceous nose that reminds me a lot of "dill". The first impression on the palate also has something spicy, a little flowery ... very unusual. On the finish then strong herbaceous with a hint of medical cough syrup. Ser funny American single malt. I would like to try more of that!
- Description (taken from the website: www.smws.com/speakeasy-sneaky-peeky)
"We found the nose fruity (apple orchard at pressing time, pineapple, lemon, cherry, marmalade) and woody – (cigar boxes, cricket bats in a church) – yet attractive, clean and elegant. The palate had lovely Jaffa cake, marshmallow and tea-cake sweetness, plus lots of spice – coconut curry, Peshwari naan, Liquorice Allsorts, nutmeg and clove. The reduced nose was a sneaky peek into a speakeasy – lacquered wood, floral perfume, cigar smoke and booze. The palate now slipped over like coffee and walnut ice-cream or hot chocolate – we also found Russian caramels and jammy dodgers and a sweet anise and liquorice finish. Intensely interesting."
DRINKING TIP: While watching American gangster movies.
Issueprice (Sep. 15th 2017): 89,90 GBP