- Single Grain
- Jack Wiebers Whisky World (JW)
- Bottling serie
- Old Train Line Replica
- Calculated age
- 27 years old
- Sherry Finish
- Number of bottles
- 59.1 % Vol.
- 700 ml
- Bottled for
- 20 Years Anniversary JWWW
- Added on
- 11 Sep 2017 5:16 pm by Chemist
29 × in wishlist
87 × member ratings
78 × in collection
Whisky Reviews for Cameronbridge 1990 JW Black Cameron Brig
9 users have left a review for this whisky and scored it an average of 90.64 points
- Has anyone ever noticed the error on the label in "Product of Scotland"? Great Grain of Cameronbridge and an absolute rarity.
- Fantastic grain, absolutely one of my favorits among grains. Delicate, elegant sweetness, many layers. And the sherry isn´t overwhelming. WOW!
- wonderful barrel, lively, pulsating, full-bodied perfect balance
Berries meet paint and furniture polish, sweet, spicy, woody, alive - has something of a bourbon with sherry
old sherry aromas, berry jam, plums, red wine, chocolate, mint, orange - very nice aromas of old wood, furniture polish
warm and dry, leather, tobacco, berry smoothie - very long
- Delicious thing. So I like a single grain! It was fun and makes you want more.
At first some wood varnish and furniture polish. Then berries come through. Not too sweet, but with some acidity. Blackberries, blueberries. In addition Rumkugeln. Add chocolate with grapes and nuts. Behind a dry, dusty wood note.
At first oily and then it becomes intense and quite dense. Cocoa and coffee. Toasty aromas. Some burnt chocolate cake with cherries. Amarettini. Then again the slightly sour berries. Floor wax. After that, the oak starts to settle comfortably.
The mouthfeel reminds of a dry red wine. The berries are still left. Roasted nuts. Overall dry but not very bitter.
- Just great stuff. Surprising grain. I think the best grain I tasted thus far.