The exact date of foundation of the distillery is unknown.
The earliest recorded evidence of their existence treats their bankruptcy in 1825.
The building already had a typical pagoda roof and is thus one of the early witnesses of commercial whiskey production in Scotland. After the closure of the distillery, the inventory was sold.
1846 founded J. A. Bernard in the buildings of a new distillery called Croftanrigh, which, however, only until 1852 produced. This produced Grain Whiskey and used a Coffey Still. The buildings then came to the St. Anne's Brewery.
Today, the preserved buildings are in the Scottish monument lists (Category B Monument)
The pagoda roof, which is characteristic of whiskey distilleries, is still present and reflects the past of the building.
1825 - Thomas Miller went bankrupt
1826 - utensils sold
1846 - refounded by J.A. Bernard who installed a Coffey still
1846 - new name: Croftanrigh Distillery
1852 - closed
Build and track your whisky collection, rate and review bottles, check prices, and engage with like-minded enthusiasts. All things whisky since 2007.
3035 KS Rotterdam
Copyright © 2023