Whiskybase
Badge

Whisky talk

Everything about whiskies

FB closing groups where whisky selling and trading is practised

thebase
Super Administrator Super Administrator
Posted on 30-07-2019 at 16:41 pm

https://whiskyexperts.net/breaking-news-facebook-loescht-whiskygruppen-mit-bezug-auf-handel-und-tausch/

As a matter of fact, it's all kinds of alcohol and tobacco (it may only be directed towards private individuals - not sure about that). The strange thing is, I've just found German language information on a few websites about this. I can't guarantee it's accuracy, after all, this is the internet and it could well be a hoax.

And no, I checked, it's not the first of April today.

Edited on 30-07-2019 at 16:52 pm
VaryingViewpoint
Expert Senior Senior Expert
Posted on 31-07-2019 at 16:42 pm

Karlie wrote:

https://whiskyexperts.net/breaking-news-facebook-loescht-whiskygruppen-mit-bezug-auf-handel-und-tausch/

As a matter of fact, it's all kinds of alcohol and tobacco (it may only be directed towards private individuals - not sure about that). The strange thing is, I've just found German language information on a few websites about this. I can't guarantee it's accuracy, after all, this is the internet and it could well be a hoax.

And no, I checked, it's not the first of April today.

This is correct. Facebook doesn't want to be associated with undesirable headlines like what happened to eBay about eight years ago when underaged purchasers in the US were able to acquire scotch through eBay. Since then eBay and other online buy and sell platforms in North America have taken the role of enforcement against such activity so not to have any negative issues going forward. FaceBook because it's world wide is taking this same approach regardless of region because they too don't want anything negative to effect their stock price going forward.

Edited on 31-07-2019 at 16:43 pm
One life... Drink it well
mrgood
Expert Junior Junior Expert
Posted on 31-07-2019 at 17:14 pm

This is correct. Facebook doesn't want to be associated with undesirable headlines.... FaceBook because it's world wide is taking this same approach regardless of region because they too don't want anything negative to effect their stock price going forward.

heh... Facebook has far bigger problems to worry about these days.

djmaxliving
Expert Junior Junior Expert
Posted on 31-07-2019 at 20:55 pm

just delete this.

Edited on 01-08-2019 at 21:10 pm
You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2018

Forgot your password?

Login