Badge

Whisky talk

Everything about whiskies

Selling my entire collection.

TheFatFish
Newbie Newbie
Posted on 04-03-2019 at 22:54 pm

Hi all,

I'm new here and am looking to sell the majority of my collection. Has anyone done this before and how would I go about doing it in the UK? I'd be looking for the buyer to collect.

It would be around 25 bottles.

Edited on 04-03-2019 at 22:59 pm
Alex Wedlake
lincolnimp
Connoisseur Connoisseur
Posted on 05-03-2019 at 11:26 am

If you want to sell it together you will struggle, you are better off contacting someone like Scotch Whisky Auctions or WhiskyAuctioneer and sell them separately, you will have something like a £3 listing fee for each bottle but at the moment SWA still charge no commission and WA only charge 5%.

There are loads of other on line auctions, Just Whisky, Whisky.Auction. Whisky on line auctions etc

If you google it new ones are springing up all the time, 0-15% commission depending on who you go with.

Alternatively you could sell it on the Market here, I believe commission is 8%/

ajdedwards
Expert Senior Senior Expert
Posted on 13-03-2019 at 15:03 pm

It might be an idea to add the full list of bottles to 'your collection' so people have an idea about what you are selling.  25 bottles could be less than £1000 or 10's of £1000's.

ajdedwards My Market
lincolnimp
Connoisseur Connoisseur
Posted on 26-03-2019 at 11:20 am

It might be an idea to add the full list of bottles to 'your collection' so people have an idea about what you are selling.  25 bottles could be less than £1000 or 10's of £1000's.

It looks like the `collection` is newly acquired GOT bottles at the moment.

Dyno
Expert Senior Senior Expert
Posted on 09-04-2019 at 13:46 pm

Diageo sure did a good stunt with this one! Certainly as it's mostly 'cheap-o' whisky that's got a new coating, surfing the wave as they say. Too bad for the numerous 'investors' who will be having a lot of bottles just sitting there and most probably not gaining any value.

Bart&Claudia
Member Senior Senior Member
Posted on 09-04-2019 at 13:50 pm

You must be a blind fool to buy any of that GoT crap on auction right now. 
Keep on going like this, that bubble will burst. 

louich
Member Senior Senior Member
Posted on 09-04-2019 at 17:30 pm

You must be a blind fool to buy any of that GoT crap on auction right now. 
Keep on going like this, that bubble will burst. 

Probably the worst thing to do if you want to speculate in a mid term plan. eve short term the tproposal seems stupid. 

Drinking alcohol wont solve my problems, but neither will milk !
You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2018

Forgot your password?

Login