Whiskybase
Badge

Whisky talk

Everything about whiskies

Is there a good whisky shop in...

mrgood
Expert Junior Junior Expert
Posted on 19-12-2017 at 16:00 pm

We periodically see request threads for people travelling to certain areas and looking for local insight into the whisky-shopping scene there.  So I thought we could do with an all-purpose thread for store recommendations and/or requests for info on stores in certain areas.

mrgood
Posted on 19-12-2017 at 16:07 pm

In my case, I'm going to be spending some time in Southern California.  Not as far south as San Diego, more around Los Angeles, Long Beach, Anaheim, etc, etc.  Does anyone have any good shop advice for the area?  

Slàinte Mhath
Administrator Administrator
Posted on 19-12-2017 at 17:38 pm
mrgood wrote:

We periodically see request threads for people travelling to certain areas and looking for local insight into the whisky-shopping scene there.  So I thought we could do with an all-purpose thread for store recommendations and/or requests for info on stores in certain areas.

Why not use the 'Explore' maps function and read reviews of shops in that area/city? Isn't this the whole point of the Whiskybase maps function?

Nothing against recommendations, though!

“There is no such thing as bad whisky. Some whiskies just happen to be better than others.” (W. Faulkner)
mrgood
Posted on 19-12-2017 at 19:23 pm

Why not use the 'Explore' maps function and read reviews of shops in that area/city? Isn't this the whole point of the Whiskybase maps function?

Nothing against recommendations, though!

Excellent suggestion, and it's good to broadcast it here because I think maybe the feature is too unknown and severely underused (which I'm guilty of too, I really should rate some of my own local shops).  There are shops in the area I'm looking for, but pretty much nil for ratings/reviews.

Slàinte Mhath
Administrator Administrator
Posted on 19-12-2017 at 21:23 pm
mrgood wrote:
I really should rate some of my own local shops. There are shops in the area I'm looking for, but pretty much nil for ratings/reviews.

Go for it and write some nice reviews! happy

“There is no such thing as bad whisky. Some whiskies just happen to be better than others.” (W. Faulkner)
You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2018

Forgot your password?

Login