Whiskybase

Tip: Two bottles left of Ardbeg Serendipity at Vinopolis

Aetius
Expert Senior Senior Expert
Posted on 25-05-2011 at 17:16 pm

I was recently in London and stumbled across the whisky shop at Vinopolis just next to the pub The Anchor Bankside, near Shakespeare`s Globe. They had at lest four bottles left, at around £72 a pop, and I bought two. According to the staff, they were the only shop in the UK to still have Serendipity in stock. The price was good too. Vintage House in Soho charged me £100 for a bottle three years ago.

Are Thunes Samsonsen My Collection
holborndrinker
Connoisseur Connoisseur
Posted on 15-08-2011 at 23:39 pm

The shop is located next to Borough market - a real gem close to Blackfriars in the East End (although they normally describe themselves as being in the City as it is a little posher).  For people who can`t face visiting that part of London, they have a website: www.thewhiskyexchange.com, although I`m not sure that these bottles are still in stock.  They have quite a good selection and I have found their service good in the past having been a customer of theirs for several years.  Some of the deals are worth looking out for as well.

Nunc est bibendum - mine's a double!
You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2021

Forgot your password?

Login