Whiskybase

Importing whisky from USA

holborndrinker
Connoisseur Connoisseur
Posted on 21-10-2011 at 23:42 pm

I have seen a couple of bottles of whisky at K & L Wine Merchants which I would like to buy - whilst they can post to the United Kngdom, they can`t post spirits.  Does anyone know of a legitimate way of getting hold of a couple of bottles, short of actually flying out there and picking them up in person?

Nunc est bibendum - mine's a double!
thebase
Super Administrator Super Administrator
Posted on 22-10-2011 at 08:47 am

I`ve the same problem; I would like to buy some Springbank-Bottling! happy

hsmithjr
Connoisseur Connoisseur
Posted on 24-10-2011 at 23:07 pm

It is hard from the USA.  International shippers require a permit to ship alcohol.  I have looked into this and they are very strict.  I suppose you could lie, but then you are subject to large fines and possible jail time if they find out it is liquor (using the Xray machine).  K & L will not even ship to my state!  It is very difficult.  sad

In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe.
holborndrinker
Connoisseur Connoisseur
Posted on 25-10-2011 at 18:46 pm

"K & L will not even ship to my state!" - do the American Administration realise that Prohibition has ended? It seems ironic that a country that gains much of its wealth from trade, imposes so many restrictions on free trade!

Nunc est bibendum - mine's a double!
hsmithjr
Connoisseur Connoisseur
Posted on 26-10-2011 at 22:43 pm

Quote by holborndrinker

"K & L will not even ship to my state!" - do the American Administration realise that Prohibition has ended? It seems ironic that a country that gains much of its wealth from trade, imposes so many restrictions on free trade!

I totally agree.  It`s a whole "state`s rights" issue, which really irritates me to the core.  That is a story for another time.  Most big alcohol distributors can ship to all 50 states (or at least the 48 intercontinental states).  I don`t know why it is such a big deal.  C`est la vie! 
In an interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe.
You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2021

Forgot your password?

Login