Whiskybase

Karuizawa - The Thousand Arrows Collection

DarkoVB
Member Junior Junior Member
Posted on 24-01-2020 at 13:20 pm

The Karuizawa Thousand Arrows set/collection (1980 - 1982) is made up of the following three casks:

#8317, #6355 and #2510

Apparently there are 257 sets globally, which (correct me if Im wrong) means that there are 257 bottles of from each of the casks?

However, I have come across an individual 1980 bottle from Cask #8317 which states that only 89 bottles exist, yet it claims to be from the same series/collection.

Does anyone know why the two bottlings differ from each other?

sagara-kun
Expert Senior Senior Expert
Posted on 31-01-2020 at 15:47 pm

If there are 257 sets, they probably bottled 257 bottles from each cask.

But each cask had a different outrun. So they could bottle the end of each cask with another label. (I guess 257 is the outrun of the cask with the highest angel share)

If they were bottled at the same time, you would have the same liquid in it. 

Other wise, something similar but that could have evolved a little more/less. 

Lots of Karuizawa were partially bottled at some time with the n°1/distillery label. It's rarer now but still happens.

DarkoVB
Member Junior Junior Member
Posted on 04-02-2020 at 12:45 pm

sagara-kun wrote:

If there are 257 sets, they probably bottled 257 bottles from each cask.

But each cask had a different outrun. So they could bottle the end of each cask with another label. (I guess 257 is the outrun of the cask with the highest angel share)

If they were bottled at the same time, you would have the same liquid in it. 

Other wise, something similar but that could have evolved a little more/less. 

Lots of Karuizawa were partially bottled at some time with the n°1/distillery label. It's rarer now but still happens.

Hi. I managed to track down some information regarding this subject which ties in with what you're saying, regarding the outrun from each cask. Anyway, I appreciate your help. Thanks.

DarkoVB

You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2018

Forgot your password?

Login