Whiskybase

Is anyone else watching "The Whisky Vault" on YouTube?

JimmyLeg
Member Senior Senior Member
Posted on 05-12-2017 at 21:40 pm

They are a real pair of characters that don't let facts get in their way. And they have a LOT of whisky.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCElm866_W5r1eg8VjhFNARw


Charlie don't surf.
VaryingViewpoint
Expert Senior Senior Expert
Posted on 08-12-2017 at 08:28 am

JimmyLeg wrote:

They are a real pair of characters that don't let facts get in their way. And they have a LOT of whisky.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCElm866_W5r1eg8VjhFNARw


Can't stand them. They are more about themselves than about whisky. Very narcissistic.

One life... Drink it well
mrgood
Expert Junior Junior Expert
Posted on 08-12-2017 at 17:13 pm

I haven't watched their videos so can't comment on that, but as a shop I have a bit of a soft spot for those guys. When I was first getting into whisky hardcore they were the ones I was able to actually source really cool items from when most of the other shops would dismiss Canada out-of-hand. Their prices were high (and still are) but at least I was able to get some great deceased-distillery whisky plus some other neat stuff. Very easy to work with.

It wasn't until later that other shops slowly started to come on board with shipping to Canada (but it took some persistent convincing)  ...with the exception of Whisky Exchange who was always a huge pain in the ass.

I have a soft spot for The Whisky Shop as well.  Sure their inflation has been highly suspect, but their customer service was great. Indeed, I once got a free Banff out of them. They'd shipped the wrong one and... long story short, in the end they sent the correct one for nothing.

Of course that was when the CDN dollar was doing well (on par with the US).  Unfortunately it's just not affordable to do it anymore so I haven't shipped anything from the UK in quite some time.

  Edited on 08-12-2017 at 17:17 pm
mrgood
Expert Junior Junior Expert
Posted on 08-12-2017 at 17:16 pm

VaryingViewpoint wrote:

Can't stand them. They are more about themselves than about whisky. Very narcissistic.

When I saw Jimmy's post I was going to watch some of their videos, but on second thought maybe I shouldn't.  Leave well enough alone and not tarnish my rose-coloured opinion of them.  happy

JimmyLeg
Member Senior Senior Member
Posted on 19-12-2017 at 01:08 am

JimmyLeg wrote:

They are a real pair of characters that don't let facts get in their way. And they have a LOT of whisky.


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCElm866_W5r1eg8VjhFNARw


Can't stand them. They are more about themselves than about whisky. Very narcissistic.


Well, they are Americans.

Charlie don't surf.
JimmyLeg
Member Senior Senior Member
Posted on 19-12-2017 at 01:10 am
mrgood wrote:

I haven't watched their videos so can't comment on that, but as a shop I have a bit of a soft spot for those guys. When I was first getting into whisky hardcore they were the ones I was able to actually source really cool items from when most of the other shops would dismiss Canada out-of-hand. Their prices were high (and still are) but at least I was able to get some great deceased-distillery whisky plus some other neat stuff. Very easy to work with.

It wasn't until later that other shops slowly started to come on board with shipping to Canada (but it took some persistent convincing)  ...with the exception of Whisky Exchange who was always a huge pain in the ass.

I have a soft spot for The Whisky Shop as well.  Sure their inflation has been highly suspect, but their customer service was great. Indeed, I once got a free Banff out of them. They'd shipped the wrong one and... long story short, in the end they sent the correct one for nothing.

Of course that was when the CDN dollar was doing well (on par with the US).  Unfortunately it's just not affordable to do it anymore so I haven't shipped anything from the UK in quite some time.


I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I think you're talking about a legit business. I'm talking about two idiots.


Charlie don't surf.
mrgood
Expert Junior Junior Expert
Posted on 11-01-2018 at 00:10 am
JimmyLeg wrote:
mrgood wrote:

I haven't watched their videos so can't comment on that, but as a shop I have a bit of a soft spot for those guys. When I was first getting into whisky hardcore they were the ones I was able to actually source really cool items from when most of the other shops would dismiss Canada out-of-hand. Their prices were high (and still are) but at least I was able to get some great deceased-distillery whisky plus some other neat stuff. Very easy to work with.

It wasn't until later that other shops slowly started to come on board with shipping to Canada (but it took some persistent convincing)  ...with the exception of Whisky Exchange who was always a huge pain in the ass.

I have a soft spot for The Whisky Shop as well.  Sure their inflation has been highly suspect, but their customer service was great. Indeed, I once got a free Banff out of them. They'd shipped the wrong one and... long story short, in the end they sent the correct one for nothing.

Of course that was when the CDN dollar was doing well (on par with the US).  Unfortunately it's just not affordable to do it anymore so I haven't shipped anything from the UK in quite some time.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. I think you're talking about a legit business. I'm talking about two idiots.

You're right, we are, my mistake.  Your spelling threw me.  "The Whisky Vault" is a shop run by a pair of guys (a father / son team), so I assumed it was the same pair.  It turns out what you were talking about is actually "The Whiskey Vault".

You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  




Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2018


Forgot your password?

Login