Whiskybase

LAPHROAIG CAIRDEAS 2014 in BC Liqour stores

ktg
Member Senior Senior Member
Posted on 04-10-2015 at 23:33 pm

For those of you in BC - just a heads up that Laphroaig Cairdeas 2014 is in stock in various BC liquor stores for $89.99. Frankly it is a good deal at cask strength and is a really good dram in my opinion. I have bought three - one to drink and two to save for later. Likely will buy more.

morgbug
Posted on 05-10-2015 at 04:33 am

Glad you're enjoying it.  Haven't seen it locally, but for me it's not going to be all that attractive.  I'm not much of a Laphroaig guy anyway and it's NAS so I'm unlikely to buy it.  

Without changing it wholly into a NAS discussion I've decided to not support the trend other than a single product that was present before the ongoing shift to NAS started wholeheartedly - Aberlour A'bunadh.  It's not that I don't believe a NAS whisky can be good, I do believe that.  I just don't like the shift from mainline, age statement whiskies to NAS.  
ktg
Posted on 05-10-2015 at 05:37 am

Morgbug - I generally agree and try to avoid NAS releases as well, aside from some that have been NAS since inception CQ, Corryvreckan etc. 

My previous experience with Cairdeas has always been postive and being cask strength sub $100.00 certainly helps, hence the purchase. 

louich
Posted on 05-10-2015 at 19:18 pm

I'll leave an eye open. That bing said the next CS I am getting is the Lagavulin 12 since I killed my last bottle and it is hard to beat for a CS.

Drinking alcohol wont solve my problems, but neither will milk !
You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2018

Forgot your password?

Login