Whiskybase

Local Whisky

ktg
Member Senior Senior Member
Posted on 15-08-2015 at 06:03 am
Do you support the local distilleries in your area? If so, any stand outs that are worth going after?
Personally, I have purchased many of the Okanagan Spirit releases and have enjoyed them. I also see that many other local distilleries (BC) have whiskies at various stages of maturation and I am looking forward to trying them when available.

JimmyLeg
Posted on 24-08-2015 at 00:11 am

I'm hope to go on a tour of Glenora Distillery here in N.S.this fall and pick up a bottle or two. It seems folks are down on their products I hope that I don't have the same experience.

Charlie don't surf.
ktg
Posted on 27-08-2015 at 00:00 am

Here is a list that might be interesting for some

JimmyLeg
Posted on 01-10-2015 at 20:58 pm

Well I've been to the Glenora Distillery and taken the tour. Before condemning the man that gave the tour I should tell you that it's a beautiful place and well worth visiting if you're in the area.

First of all we were given a sample at the end of the tour which deterred me from buying any whisky in the gift shop. It was not good, not to my taste anyway. A little lemon and hay and.... well not much else. I was very disappointed as this is kind of my home distillery.

The man who gave the tour new how the distillery worked but he made so many outlandish statements about Scottish distilleries and whisky that I laughed out loud a few times. The topper was that Glenlivet has been maturing their whisky in solely Bordeaux barrels for the last 20 years.

The sheep I was with didn't even blink. As I turned to leave I bumped into a man I hadn't noticed who was also suppressing laughter. He told me he was from Scotland (Edinburgh) and actually arranged distillery tours there. He was shocked by what the man had been saying but didn't see the point of correcting him, which was true. What would be the point?

Charlie don't surf.
Jukka Sammalvuo
Expert Senior Senior Expert
Posted on 05-10-2015 at 02:18 am

I just paid a visit to my local single malt distillery Lucky Bastard here in Saskatoon. I sampled their "Naked Single Malt" new make. Their first actual single malt whisky release is supposed to be a bottling of two casks that were filled in 2012. Release date unknown, possibly by the end of 2015.

You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2018

Forgot your password?

Login