Whiskybase

What bottle are you angriest about not having purchased when you had the chance?

JimmyLeg
Member Senior Senior Member
Posted on 21-05-2015 at 22:48 pm

I once saw an indie bottling of Clynelish at a travel retail (duty free at the time) that was just a little more than I had in my pocket so I decided that putting on my Visa was not a good plan. It makes me very sad to think about that bottle now.

Charlie don't surf.
Jay Rain
Posted on 26-05-2015 at 03:33 am

Great question - nothing comes immediately to mind but regret not appreciating whiskey when people first introduced me in 2003/2004.

louich
Posted on 25-06-2015 at 20:44 pm

Bruichladdich Cuvee E sauterne fist bottling (1 of 700...it's not even existing on any database including here). 

The second bottling way good but not as much as the first..... I still sigh at the tought I should have bought all there was....
Drinking alcohol wont solve my problems, but neither will milk !
ktg
Posted on 15-08-2015 at 06:18 am

I regert not buying more cask strength 10yr laphroaig when it was readily available here for like $70.00-$80.00 I think. Also wish I bought more PC5 PC6 and PC7...

louich
Posted on 04-09-2015 at 19:53 pm

Hell I would love to get a shot at buying more of the PC# series.... never even seen the 5-6-7 but they would make a superb addition to my 8-9-10 lol

Drinking alcohol wont solve my problems, but neither will milk !
mrgood
Expert Junior Junior Expert
Posted on 23-10-2015 at 21:02 pm

Brora 25yr!  

This was when I was just getting into whisky, before I was educated enough to know what I was looking at.  The store had a bunch of them.  They were pricey (by comparison) so I skipped over them quickly.  At the time, I was educating myself profusely on all things whisky and soon did know the significance of Brora.  A few weeks later I had  a sudden memory flash that I'd seen all those Broras.  I ran back to the store in a mad panic with the intention of getting a schwack load of them... alas, too late ("nooooooo"!).  It's painful to think I could've gotten two whole cases for the price of a single bottle of new Brora now.  I eventually did fluke out and got my hands a bottle of the 25yr quite a few years later, but it cost more than I care to admit,  I could only get the one.
bullbarley
Expert Senior Senior Expert
Posted on 30-10-2016 at 05:48 am

So regretting not bringing home a Tamdhu Batch Strength No.1 when I was in Scotland last year.

I think I'll have to give up on that one. If you're in Canada, you probably haven't seen it at your local stores either.
Oh yes, at the time I opted for Glenfarclas £511 instead. These are available everywhere in Alberta. Lol.
jasonmtl
Posted on 14-01-2017 at 20:48 pm

Glenfiddich Snow Phoenix or Macallan 18 before the age-statement bottles left Canada

morgbug
Posted on 15-01-2017 at 02:07 am

I managed to get four of the Snow Phoenix but do regret leaving the other two behind.  Had to drive into Ontario to get them, so a four hour round trip.  

Also wish I'd bought the last bottles of Macallan 25 on the shelves though practically speaking I couldn't afford them.  At $999 plus tax they were out of reach but now seem quite the bargain with the price increase the the fall of the Canadian dollar.  
You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2018

Forgot your password?

Login