Whiskybase

I just bought a bottle of 16yo Longmorn...

JimmyLeg
Member Senior Senior Member
Posted on 19-12-2014 at 22:32 pm

...because I'd never seen it in our liquor store before and it shocked me by it's mere presence. There were only two bottles there so I didn't want to leave it for fear of never seeing it again. Has anyone tried it? It was $78.08. I fear I've overpaid.

Charlie don't surf.
Jay Rain
Posted on 22-12-2014 at 03:37 am

It is $100 at the LCBO - I recall seeing it in France for 40 Euros or so, so your cost is reasonable.

Does not get great reviews on Connosr and is generally considered a light scotch.  Have not tried it personally but if there is a Scapa 16 at your liquor store, can verify that is a good dram.
JimmyLeg
Posted on 29-12-2014 at 22:14 pm

Will watch out for that Scapa. Thanks.

I've been reading that you want to get the 15yo Longmorn that was released earlier but that wasn't available to me. I should have known that it wasn't great, the packaging was way too fancy. happy

Charlie don't surf.
louich
Posted on 13-02-2015 at 16:59 pm

Well the 15yrs is one of the worst dram I tried in the 100 + I have on my list. I read the 16 is better and at that price you were not ripped off IMO.

Drinking alcohol wont solve my problems, but neither will milk !
plhawey
Posted on 08-04-2015 at 03:12 am

Great price (for Canada -_- ...) and also a great whisky ! I had the chance to try it thanks to Frank Biskupek (The Glenlivet/Pernod-Ricard ambassador for Canada) and wasn't disapointed. As Jay Rain mentionned, it's a little on the light side but with great floral notes. Great pick in my opinion !

JimmyLeg
Posted on 21-04-2015 at 20:44 pm
Jay Rain wrote:

It is $100 at the LCBO - I recall seeing it in France for 40 Euros or so, so your cost is reasonable.

Does not get great reviews on Connosr and is generally considered a light scotch.  Have not tried it personally but if there is a Scapa 16 at your liquor store, can verify that is a good dram.

Charlie don't surf.
JimmyLeg
Posted on 21-04-2015 at 20:45 pm

Was it a Scapa Orcadian 16yo? That has just become available at my NSLC. It's $110 though. Is it worth it Jay?

Charlie don't surf.
You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2018

Forgot your password?

Login