Whiskybase

Your favorite Tempest

Brave Jester
Expert Senior Senior Expert
Posted on 10-11-2016 at 19:02 pm
I now had all 6 of the Tempest baches and I liked them all but for me top 3 are batches 4, 2 and 6!
Number 4 with it´s clean palate and tropical fruits is my favorite. I love the grapefruit/blood oranges taste in this one a lot! 
So what is your favorite of the Tempest batches?
Think for yourself and feel the walls become sand beneath your feet
Harvey
Posted on 12-11-2016 at 01:48 am

I really haven´t liked any of these Tempest releases. They seem to be very raw to my taste?! However that is the reason i had to do something about this latest Batch 6. This is my third time i´m re-casking some whisky into a small 5 liter cask. Long story short: It´s third time i´m using the same 5 liter cask, so I had to take it a part and rejuvenate it. Then in went the sherry, for about 6 months. Sherry out and Tempest Batch 6 in for three months. The result turned out great again...TempestReCask.jpg
http://www.viskikaappi.net/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1377709161/1#1

"I have taken more out of alcohol, than alcohol has taken out of me" Sir Winston Churchill
Brave Jester
Posted on 13-11-2016 at 16:11 pm
To me they are raw in taste but they are matured in first refill bourbon casks so lots of taste.
To me Laimrig and the Devil's Cask bottles are more raw... but that is what I  Iike even better!!

Do you know the Lagavulin CS 12y? They are much more on the raw side but I love them too
  Edited on 22-02-2017 at 21:45 pm
Thewowbar1986
Posted on 30-12-2016 at 23:18 pm

top 3 for me is 1,2,5

Always cary a flacon of whisky in case of snakebites,furthermore always cary a small snake!! My Collection My Collection My Collection My Collection My Collection
alectron
Connoisseur Connoisseur
Posted on 11-04-2017 at 01:28 am

My order would be - 1, 3, 4, 2
Whereas for all, but especially Temptest #1, they increase a lot when treated to a good portion of water & air (30-60 mins of letting it breathe) which for me produced more of the exotic fruits & orange blossom that remind me of some of the legendary 60s Bowmores... lifiting it from a mid-80s rating without water & time, to a close to 90s rating on my subjective scale.
c.

Remember - whisky scores and impressions are highly subjective and situational by nature - so don't go and buy whisky according to someone else's taste...
Brave Jester
Posted on 15-04-2017 at 17:27 pm
Agree that these Tempest batches get better with more breathing time and the right amount of water.
That is why i prefer batch 6 over 5 because it is closer to batch 4 which is my favourite so far.
You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase was founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2022

}
Forgot your password?

Login