Whiskybase

Talisker Neist Point (Travel Retail, NAS, 45,8% vol.)

Tabrulavubeg
Expert Senior Senior Expert
Posted on 08-01-2016 at 14:12 pm

Anyone here has tasted this yet?
I have my bottles already but I'm still waiting for my sample.

From what I have heard and read so far there might be hope for this to be a "good" one after quite a bunch of average NAS bottlings...
P.S.: still on special sale at www.drankdozijn.nl for 75 EUR. Official announcements had me believe that the price is way above 100 EUR.

St. Pauli
Connoisseur Connoisseur
Posted on 08-01-2016 at 15:33 pm

Travel retail price is around EUR 150. There were some good reviews by David Broom and Serge Valentin. I haven't tried it, I am doubting to purchase it or not as I think it's still quite expensive for a NAS.

Tabrulavubeg
Posted on 08-01-2016 at 21:45 pm
St. Pauli wrote:

Travel retail price is around EUR 150. There were some good reviews by David Broom and Serge Valentin. I haven't tried it, I am doubting to purchase it or not as I think it's still quite expensive for a NAS.

Could you specify where the review by Serge Valentin can be found? It's not on his website whiskyfun.com...

St. Pauli
Connoisseur Connoisseur
Posted on 09-01-2016 at 07:21 am

My apologies, I am mistaken and mixed some things up. Serge didn't review it yet...

Tabrulavubeg
Posted on 12-01-2016 at 12:07 pm

I tasted this yesterday. Not bad at all, probably the best of the current NAS bottlings.
On the other hand, it appears to be designed for "drinkability" rather than complexity.
Compared to the 18yo (old bottling before 2012), the Neist Point doesn't stand a chance, in my opinion.
Okay for my purchasing price (75 EUR) considering today's market prices, but I would not recommend it at a price above 100 EUR.

You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2018

Forgot your password?

Login