Whiskybase

30 Year Old and 25 Year Old Non-Vintage Releases

cavalier66
Expert Senior Senior Expert
Posted on 06-08-2014 at 13:27 pm

Up until 2012, all the 25 Year Old and 30 Year Old releases had a bottling date on them. However, the 2013 releases appear to have no date, but do have bottle numbers. 

This suggests to me several possibilities: 
a) There wont be anymore 25 year or 30 year old releases after these ones (perhaps all will be like the 27 year old special release this year - not that they seem to have sold many of these, or the 35 year old the previous year given the pricing!) 
b) There might be a change in bottle design or strength in future to allow another numbered release of these ages
c) There may be a bottling date again in the future (2015?)
I saw a few years ago the suggestion that there will be an ongoing release of these ages.  Perhaps the bottling was done in stages (2013 and 2014?).  However, I don't see how this can be an ongoing release if the bottles are numbered. What happens when the numbers end?
Anyone have any more info on this? 
cavalier66
Posted on 08-08-2014 at 11:54 am

Anyway, I found some of these undated releases at a really excellent price and snaffled a few for future drinking.  But would be interested if anyone has any idea about the above.

Harvey
Posted on 08-05-2015 at 11:16 am

All but one(the 2001 release,) of the 25 yo and 30 yo releases are non-vintage. The bottles simply state 25 / 30 years old, which means that the youngest whisky in the bottle is of that specific age, 25 or 30 years old. There can be older whiskies in the vatting aswell. Year of bottling does not give you the vintage.
All of these Talisker 20, 25yo:s have vintage mentioned on the labels if there is a vintage to be mentioned. It can be found just below the bottle number on the top right corner of the label.

The change from cask strength of the 25 and 30 yo to the diluted versions, 45,8% , is simply just so that they can get out more bottles, without using more casks.  Cask strength versions will continue in the now a "Special Release" "special price" series.... happy

Edited on 08-05-2015 at 11:18 am
"I have taken more out of alcohol, than alcohol has taken out of me" Sir Winston Churchill
You need to join this group before you can add a reply

Whiskybase

Whiskybase is founded in 2007 with the goal to create the biggest resource of whisky information in the world. A community driven website built by and for whisky enthusiasts.  

Whiskybase B.V. 
Zwaanshals 530 
3035 KS Rotterdam 
The Netherlands 

KVK: 52072819
VAT: NL850288836B01

Copyright © 2018

Forgot your password?

Login